Update in relation to the COVID-19 situation and the Lauriston Hotel
We know that many of you will be worried about coronavirus (COVID-19) and its potential impact, particularly given the wide-spread coverage in the media.
The Lauriston Hotel remains open. Of course, this is an evolving situation and we are continuing to follow Government and Public Health England (PHE) advice so we can monitor and plan accordingly.
Our top priority is keeping our customers and staff safe, and we have been monitoring this situation very closely. A team has been assembled to monitor the situation, take action to keep our community safe and follow advice from PHE.
We have also launched our Emergency Management Planning Process. This means that we are now committing more people and more resources to the development of plans and actions.
This website remains the best source for information for our customers on this issue.
Precautionary measures taken to date at the Lauriston Hotel
These are as follows:
- Any customer or staff member coming from high-risk areas as defined by the Department of Health & Social Care and Public Health England should remain away from the venue for 14 days. As of now, this includes China, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Iran, Japan and Italy.
- If other countries are added, those coming from these new areas should also stay away from the venue.
- The well-being of everybody in our Hotel is our top priority. We take this opportunity to remind everyone that the best way to protect yourself is to wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Other sensible measures include turning your head away from people when you sneeze, using a tissue or your sleeve and disposing of tissues quickly.
- The Hotel has implemented enhanced cleaning onsite and has distributed signage in toilets and key locations reminding everyone of the importance of good personal hygiene.
- If you are due to stay at the Lauriston Hotel and you have any concerns about your health in relation to novel coronavirus, COVID-19, please do not come to the Hotel and follow Public Health England advice and use the NHS 111 coronavirus service.
- If you begin to feel unwell whilst staying at the Lauriston Hotel, please remain in your room and call reception.
If you have any further queries please contact us on email@example.com or call 01934 620758.